Monday 19 April 2010

Aspects Discussed With My Tutor And Feedback Received

What ideas have you presented to your tutor and peers?
My first idea for my final animation was a walk through the park scene, but after presenting it to my tutor and the rest of the group, I changed my idea completely. The feedback I received was that although it was a nice idea, walk cycles are very difficult, and also extremely hard to make look realistic. They also thought that there were not many things that could be done with the idea that have not been done before. After re-assessing, I decided to illustrate the lyrics of the Noisettes song ‘Wild Young Hearts’. My tutor agreed that the idea was good, and suggested the technique of paper cut outs, as he thought that it suited the way I like to work, and that it was a less time consuming method than many of the others available.

How have your ideas and original plans changed in response to feedback and changes in circumstances? Consider the resources available, time, cost etc.
As stated above, my original idea completely changed in response to feedback, but the idea I went with changed a lot due to time restrictions. Although I would have like to do a much more detailed animation, with many more scenes or sections, it simply wasn’t realistic, so after I had completed a storyboard, I was advised to choose the more important sections, or the ones I liked the most, and make them longer, therefore dropping some of the others. This meant that I had less to make and animate, which saved a lot of time. It also reduced the amount of resources I used, so therefore saved money.

The role of feedback and self-evaluation in the creative process.
Receiving feedback during the development process was crucial, especially because my practical knowledge of animating was limited. My ideas were all too complicated, difficult or time consuming to begin with, and without feedback I would have tried to create them, and most likely ended up with unfinished or bad work. Self evaluation was also important - did I know enough to actually create a walk i the park scene, and did I have time?

No comments:

Post a Comment