Tuesday 8 June 2010

Copyright

To whom it may concern,
My name is Louise Rigby, and I am currently doing an animation qualification at school. I am writing to ask permission to use the music of one of your artists as the soundtrack to the final animation I have to produce in order to pass the course. The song I would like to use is 'Wild Young Hearts' by the Noisettes.
Also, I would love to be able to submit my animation to competitions and festivals, and to do so I need permission to use the song. It would be brilliant if you could get back to me, thank you.
Louise Rigby

"Copyright is the limited legal right, given to a producer to print, publish, perform, film or record literary, artistic, or musical material, and to authorize others to do the same."

Above the quote is a copy of the email I sent to the company Mercury Records, to request permission to use the song I have done as the soundtrack to my animation. I am still awaiting a reply. Because it was used as part of a school project, and for educational purposes, I do not technically need permission for it's use, but because I want to enter my finished piece into competitions, I need to have authorization for it's use.


No comments:

Post a Comment